New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
"Mayors typically are protected by a five- or six-person team of plainclothes detectives, including one who often goes ahead to secure the destination. There are generally three teams that rotate for the 24-hour job. "Bodyguards generally have stayed overnight with the mayor in Gracie Mansion, the city's official residence. Bloomberg, a billionaire, has opted to stay in his own town house on a prime block of East 79th Street, where there is now a police booth." Nice, Bloomy, real nice!
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel’s killing his political future by contesting the Mississippi runoff results Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Watch Jake Tapper embarrass pro-Hamas attorney Noah Rothman 12 hours ago