First, the total cost of these policies, in billions of dollars. As it's easy to see, the extension of the Bush tax cuts do the most damage on the revenue ledger of the federal government. Total extension costs $750 billion over two years, while the Democrats' favored policy of extending all but the top rates costs $670 billion. The other major tax provision - an...
Patty Murray...the newest Senate Budget Committee Chairman said today...She MAY NOT PRODUCE A BUDGET EITHER... What else is new??
As an accompaniment to the earlier report on the Congressional Budget Office's analysis of the fiscal cliff, here are some charts to help visualize what kind of effect that the policies under discussion will have.
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago