Apparently, the Senate thinks the medical device tax in ObamaCare is a pretty bad idea and voted to repeal it last night.
The Senate overwhelmingly passed a largely symbolic resolution calling for repeal of a 2.3 percent tax on medical device companies on Thursday, as more than 30 Democrats joined Republicans in approving it.
The tax helps to fund President Barack Obama's 2010 healthcare law. It applies to a range of medical products - from bedpans to expensive heart devices - many manufactured in the home states of the senators backing the repeal.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 mins ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 52 mins ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago