In the final jobs report prior to the election, the Bureau of Labor Statistics has announced that unemployment crept up in October to 7.9 percent, as 170,000 nonfarm payroll jobs were added. The broader "U-6" unemployment statistic is 14.6 percent (up a hair from 14.5 six months ago). August and September's numbers were both revised upward, which is a positive sign. As Jim Pethokoukis notes, average monthly job growth in 2012 has been nearly identical to the sub-par numbers of 2011, and hourly wages remain stagnant at best. The "worst recovery since the Great Depression" continues....
In response to:
Over in Greeley...not far from our home.....There are FIRE OBAMA signs everywhere. Northern Colorado is not too welcoming for Obama/Biden....unless of course you are a college student. That seems to be about all he can muster up these days....are the young and vulnerable...who are going to college either on mom and dad's dime....or Obama's I heard something yesterday that Michelle Obama was in Florida....they were chanting "hail Obama?" REALLY??
- Audio: Joe Biden being Joe Biden, Jewish outreach edition Ed Morrissey 10 mins ago
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago