In the final jobs report prior to the election, the Bureau of Labor Statistics has announced that unemployment crept up in October to 7.9 percent, as 170,000 nonfarm payroll jobs were added. The broader "U-6" unemployment statistic is 14.6 percent (up a hair from 14.5 six months ago). August and September's numbers were both revised upward, which is a positive sign. As Jim Pethokoukis notes, average monthly job growth in 2012 has been nearly identical to the sub-par numbers of 2011, and hourly wages remain stagnant at best. The "worst recovery since the Great Depression" continues....
In response to:
Over in Greeley...not far from our home.....There are FIRE OBAMA signs everywhere. Northern Colorado is not too welcoming for Obama/Biden....unless of course you are a college student. That seems to be about all he can muster up these days....are the young and vulnerable...who are going to college either on mom and dad's dime....or Obama's I heard something yesterday that Michelle Obama was in Florida....they were chanting "hail Obama?" REALLY??
- CNN reports ObamaCare approval “rebounding” Ed Morrissey 34 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 13 hours ago