1) They have supreme confidence without supreme competence. Conservative talk show hosts, columnists,...
100% right on. There is no salvation in the Repug establishment wing of the party. They are no longer the party of principles. Just what is convenient for the moment to get them re-elected and keep the phony titles and perks of being in D.C. They have nothing in common with the conservatives in the rest of the nation. Its best if the "leaders" of this current sham of a Repug party do us all a favor and walk out in front of fast moving train. Along with being disgusted by the sight of the "O", and all his satanic minions, the "leaders" of the Repug establishment party are regularly vilified in my house for their failure to do anything which benefits the people of this nation.
Just as moderates are completely unrepresented in a Democratic Party that's dominated by liberals, movement conservatives often don't feel represented by the Republican Party. At first glance, this seems rather odd since most Republicans in Congress are conservative. However, it's a natural reaction to the Republican establishment that has its hands welded to many of the GOP's levers of power. The Republican Party may be mostly conservative, but there are a multitude of reasons that you can't trust the establishment Republicans as far as you can throw them.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 9 hours ago