How soon is that? I have been trying to get a response to that question from Justice Department spokeswoman Nanda Chitre for about a month, but she is not returning my calls. Meanwhile, the U.S. attorney's offices in Colorado and Washington decline to give any indication of how they will treat the state-licensed marijuana stores that are scheduled...
If marijuana is effective in relieving some of the symptoms related to chemo-therapy, then why haven't the major medical companies and drug store chains made any move to produce and distribute it? I'd think that physicians, therapists, pharmacists and others in the medical field would want to have more difinitive and controlled information and consistent products for perscription usage. Along the same lines, the Feds got 1/'3rd of their funding from alcohol related taxes prior to prohibition and needed to institute the income tax to make up for the revenue loss caused by prohibition. Why aren't the Feds now looking at potential tax revenue in med or rec marijuana? Is no one worried about quality control... cause its organic...?
Three months ago, voters in Colorado and Washington approved ballot initiatives aimed at legalizing the possession, production and distribution of marijuana. A month later, Attorney General Eric Holder said the Justice Department would settle on a response to this historic development "relatively soon."
- Wisconsin gubernatorial poll: Mary Burke 47, Scott Walker 46 Allahpundit 18 minutes ago
- CNN: Obama approval holding steady … at 42% Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Uh oh: Democratic senator from Montana accused of plagiarism in Army War College assignment Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Obama orders American ‘military advisors’ to support Ukraine against pro-Russian rebels Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “Gas the Jews”: Supporters of Hamas run riot in French city, smash Jewish shops Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Investigation reveals Obamacare is a fraudster’s dream come true Noah Rothman 3 hours ago