Joe Weisberg, who worked for more than three years at the CIA, first wrote a script about two CIA case officers stationed in Bulgaria. Fox bought that script,...
Why is anyone surprised by Murdoch's activity in this situation? He's been making a living by acquiring/takeovers of moderate and conservative newspapers and turning them into liberal platforms since the late 1960's. (For example read: Ron Chernow's, "House of MOrgan"). Look at what he's done to the Wall Street Journal. The paper has become a platform for expensive watch company advertisements and off-the-wire articles by progressive reporters that consistantly torture the english language. 20 years ago I rarely caught a typo or misspelling in the WSJ. Now it's rare not to catch several in each issue. The content is noticeably dumbed-down, main-streamed, and more liberal since he took over the paper
In August, Rupert Murdoch's FX picked up a Cold War series set in the 1980s titled "The Americans." Liberals might have braced themselves for the worst. It sounded like some kind of Chuck Norris-style "jingoistic" homage to freedom-loving intelligence agents. But this is Hollywood, so the show instead focuses on KGB spies who speak perfect English, working to destroy Reagan-era America, which is not altogether a bad thing to people in Hollywood.
- Democrats fumbling their way to turnout debacle? Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- House GOP abandons border crisis bill, can’t find 218 votes; Update: One more try? Update: Tomorrow Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ObamaCare caused some premiums to nearly double in California Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 3 hours ago