Joe Weisberg, who worked for more than three years at the CIA, first wrote a script about two CIA case officers stationed in Bulgaria. Fox bought that script,...
Why is anyone surprised by Murdoch's activity in this situation? He's been making a living by acquiring/takeovers of moderate and conservative newspapers and turning them into liberal platforms since the late 1960's. (For example read: Ron Chernow's, "House of MOrgan"). Look at what he's done to the Wall Street Journal. The paper has become a platform for expensive watch company advertisements and off-the-wire articles by progressive reporters that consistantly torture the english language. 20 years ago I rarely caught a typo or misspelling in the WSJ. Now it's rare not to catch several in each issue. The content is noticeably dumbed-down, main-streamed, and more liberal since he took over the paper
In August, Rupert Murdoch's FX picked up a Cold War series set in the 1980s titled "The Americans." Liberals might have braced themselves for the worst. It sounded like some kind of Chuck Norris-style "jingoistic" homage to freedom-loving intelligence agents. But this is Hollywood, so the show instead focuses on KGB spies who speak perfect English, working to destroy Reagan-era America, which is not altogether a bad thing to people in Hollywood.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago