A trend has taken shape in Washington, and it has put our country on a devastating path towards potential fiscal ruin. The trend is characterized by an unsustainable penchant for spending money we don’t have. It became crystal clear in last year’s debt ceiling negotiations and was further highlighted by the recent debate surrounding the fiscal cliff; our country is broke, yet our government continues to spend more, risk more and accumulate more debt. Entitlements are often blamed for the vast majority of our spending issues, but our tendency to overspend is not restricted to just these. Parallels exist across the...
Sure wish there was an edit button - the above para should read HAZLITT'S, not halitt's. And, thank you Mr. Blackwell.
- Reason Magazine actually asked climate protesters what they want to do, and it’s hilarious Noah Rothman 23 mins ago
- Lerner speaks! (To Politico) Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Panetta: Obama’s bad decisions on Syria and Iraq led to rise of ISIS Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Disaster: 130,000 refugees flee ISIS, cross into Turkey Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago