A trend has taken shape in Washington, and it has put our country on a devastating path towards potential fiscal ruin. The trend is characterized by an unsustainable penchant for spending money we don’t have. It became crystal clear in last year’s debt ceiling negotiations and was further highlighted by the recent debate surrounding the fiscal cliff; our country is broke, yet our government continues to spend more, risk more and accumulate more debt. Entitlements are often blamed for the vast majority of our spending issues, but our tendency to overspend is not restricted to just these. Parallels exist across the...
Sure wish there was an edit button - the above para should read HAZLITT'S, not halitt's. And, thank you Mr. Blackwell.
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 47 mins ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIL is busy building a capital in Syria while Obama dithers Gabriel Malor 3 hours ago
- Alison Lundergan Grimes channels Patches O’Houlihan on campaign trail Matt Vespa 4 hours ago