A trend has taken shape in Washington, and it has put our country on a devastating path towards potential fiscal ruin. The trend is characterized by an unsustainable penchant for spending money we don’t have. It became crystal clear in last year’s debt ceiling negotiations and was further highlighted by the recent debate surrounding the fiscal cliff; our country is broke, yet our government continues to spend more, risk more and accumulate more debt. Entitlements are often blamed for the vast majority of our spending issues, but our tendency to overspend is not restricted to just these. Parallels exist across the...
Sure wish there was an edit button - the above para should read HAZLITT'S, not halitt's. And, thank you Mr. Blackwell.
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago