A trend has taken shape in Washington, and it has put our country on a devastating path towards potential fiscal ruin. The trend is characterized by an unsustainable penchant for spending money we don’t have. It became crystal clear in last year’s debt ceiling negotiations and was further highlighted by the recent debate surrounding the fiscal cliff; our country is broke, yet our government continues to spend more, risk more and accumulate more debt. Entitlements are often blamed for the vast majority of our spending issues, but our tendency to overspend is not restricted to just these. Parallels exist across the...
Sure wish there was an edit button - the above para should read HAZLITT'S, not halitt's. And, thank you Mr. Blackwell.
- Report: U.S. accidentally bombed “moderate” rebels in Syria — because their base was right next to Al Qaeda’s Allahpundit 14 mins ago
- Whiplash: Politifact absolves Democrat who repeated…Politifact’s lie of the year Guy Benson 54 mins ago
- VA whistle-blowers receive settlements for retaliation Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Pierson to Congress: White House intrusion will never happen again Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Report: Semi-retired president has skipped more than half of his daily security briefings this year Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Intelligence warned Obama of ISIS since 2012? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago