A trend has taken shape in Washington, and it has put our country on a devastating path towards potential fiscal ruin. The trend is characterized by an unsustainable penchant for spending money we don’t have. It became crystal clear in last year’s debt ceiling negotiations and was further highlighted by the recent debate surrounding the fiscal cliff; our country is broke, yet our government continues to spend more, risk more and accumulate more debt. Entitlements are often blamed for the vast majority of our spending issues, but our tendency to overspend is not restricted to just these. Parallels exist across the...
Sure wish there was an edit button - the above para should read HAZLITT'S, not halitt's. And, thank you Mr. Blackwell.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 7 hours ago