A trend has taken shape in Washington, and it has put our country on a devastating path towards potential fiscal ruin. The trend is characterized by an unsustainable penchant for spending money we don’t have. It became crystal clear in last year’s debt ceiling negotiations and was further highlighted by the recent debate surrounding the fiscal cliff; our country is broke, yet our government continues to spend more, risk more and accumulate more debt. Entitlements are often blamed for the vast majority of our spending issues, but our tendency to overspend is not restricted to just these. Parallels exist across the...
Sure wish there was an edit button - the above para should read HAZLITT'S, not halitt's. And, thank you Mr. Blackwell.
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- U.K. graciously declines to charge parents arrested for trying to save their child’s life Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Biden: “It’s time to take back America!” Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago