At present, all major insurers in Washington state cover abortions, and Cody, the bill's sponsor, said she knows of no carrier with plans to change. Insurers new to Washington state on its exchange may be tempted to adopt different policies, she said.
The proximate cause of...
In response to:
The final outcome is that regardless of where you stand on abortion...part of your money paid will be supplied to pay for abortions. If you can live with that, great. Since there are those who believe that abortion is nothing more than legalized murder, part of the insurance money that they pay will go to pay abortions against their own personal beliefs. If I were a part of that group, I'd have a heck of a time justifying my money paying for the murder of a fetus. And since no one cares how far along its development is, some would call it a term fetus or a baby who would otherwise survive outside the womb. Money for irresponsibility...great value !
All residents of Washington State may soon be forced to subsidize abortion coverage for their fellow residents if a NARAL-backed piece of legislation passes the state legislature. The "Reproductive Parity Act" would force all insurance companies that offer maternity care - which is legally required in Washington - to also provide abortions.
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 17 mins ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 58 mins ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 3 hours ago