The Republican-held House of Representatives has passed Paul Ryan's FY 2014 budget, as well as the final version of a "continuing resolution" that will fund the federal government through the end of the current fiscal year. The latter item locked into place the reduced spending baseline established by the sequester. It does not defund Obamacare, although the GOP FY 2014 budget does. As I wrote earlier, the House rejected a trio of Democratic alternative budgets yesterday, including the Senate Democrats' offering -- which raises taxes by $1.5 trillion, increases overall...
I ignored my own doubts and bought the book "OBAMA CARE ...Survival Guide" to see if that would assuage my anger with lots of promising rhetoric. Unfortunately, it is so dense and obscure I have to take it to bed and carry my own shovel to dig out the facts. I was a Pediatric ICU RN by trade, so I am reasonably comfortable with lots of details and piecing of puzzle parts to help a "condition" make sense. So far...I am at a loss. If OB wanted to find a way to drive us all a bit nutzoid...he has truly done it with this piece of work.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago