The Republican-held House of Representatives has passed Paul Ryan's FY 2014 budget, as well as the final version of a "continuing resolution" that will fund the federal government through the end of the current fiscal year. The latter item locked into place the reduced spending baseline established by the sequester. It does not defund Obamacare, although the GOP FY 2014 budget does. As I wrote earlier, the House rejected a trio of Democratic alternative budgets yesterday, including the Senate Democrats' offering -- which raises taxes by $1.5 trillion, increases overall...
I ignored my own doubts and bought the book "OBAMA CARE ...Survival Guide" to see if that would assuage my anger with lots of promising rhetoric. Unfortunately, it is so dense and obscure I have to take it to bed and carry my own shovel to dig out the facts. I was a Pediatric ICU RN by trade, so I am reasonably comfortable with lots of details and piecing of puzzle parts to help a "condition" make sense. So far...I am at a loss. If OB wanted to find a way to drive us all a bit nutzoid...he has truly done it with this piece of work.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 6 hours ago