It’s a well-established fact that members of Congress more often than not leave Washington far richer than when they arrived. (Just look at how Harry Reid made his money, for example). But at a time of such high unemployment and trillion dollar-plus deficits, should members of Congress really be making $174,000 a year? Perhaps they should. But while this never-ending debate rages on, it’s comforting to know that at least some Congressional lawmakers (mostly Republicans, it seems) recognize the glaring disconnect between Washington’s rich and famous and the average working American. And, to their credit, they are trying to...
What a joke. One term as a Congressman gets you full pay for the rest of your life, pretty good retirement , huh. The 535 elected representatives appoint over 23,000 staff members we as voters have nothing to say about. Google (number of staff for congress) if you are among the nonbelievers. Their biggest challenge is staying in office. It's the intoxication of power that's so addictive and living outside the laws they pass for us. Why are they exempt from the health care law? They think it's their salary we contest and it's far, far from that.
- Finally: George W. Bush take the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 41 mins ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Audio: And now a word from Mike Ditka about this Redskins “horsesh*t” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Elizabeth Warren on Hillary Clinton’s qualifications for 2016: No comment. Noah Rothman 4 hours ago