Those who talk glibly about redistribution often act as if people are just inert objects that can be placed here and there, like pieces on a chess board, to carry out some grand design. But if human beings have their own responses to government policies,...
Lets not forget another aspect of communism, and that's that those deemed a threat to the state are rounded up and thrown into prison camps if not killed. In North Korea today if you're Christian they round you up and send you to a prison work camp that you're unlikely to survive. Maybe after a few years of re-education you might make it out if you convince them you're now a cog in the machine and left your Christianity behind, provided you supplemented your diet with whatever you could catch. This would also apply to anyone that speaks out against the regime. Those that don't know their history are doomed to repeat it.
The recently discovered tape on which Barack Obama said back in 1998 that he believes in redistribution is not really news. He said the same thing to Joe the Plumber four years ago. But the surfacing of this tape may serve a useful purpose if it gets people to thinking about what the consequences of redistribution are.
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago