Taxes are a greater evil even. Studies show that conservatives give more money to charities that have a positive impact on our world, and higher taxes take away from what money is left to be given to charity. Big government liberals want government to be that charity, but all government does is squander our money while creating a class of dependents who are capable of working and supporting themselves. They taunt love for others, but they show they have no love as they're happy to waste lives for their own selfish ambition and power. Why else do they dumb down our school system to guarantee more dependents while stifling economic development. Even a government worker with genuine love to help is stifled by the bureaucracy they create.
Suppose you buy a gallon of gas for $3. How much did it cost you? You say, "Williams, that's a silly question. It cost $3." That's where you're mistaken, because there's a difference between price and cost. To prove that price and cost are not the same, consider the following. Suppose you live and work in New York City and routinely pay $15 for a haircut. Imagine you were told that there's a barber in Boise, Idaho, who can give you the identical haircut for just $5. Would you start going to the Boise barber? I'm betting you'd answer no because...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago