Liberalism Versus Blacks

jturning Wrote: Jan 15, 2013 12:02 PM
Liberals are weak and governed by emotion. If only they would subdue their emotion under reason they wouldn't be such fools. But this is what happens as a society pushes God out of their midst. Sad that this nation formed through providence has turned their back on the source of their success and is going down the path of the world into bondage and slavery by their own hand.

Dishonest Educators

jturning Wrote: Jan 09, 2013 11:59 AM
It's a fact that our national school system is failing to prepare students to enter the work force, and to exacerbate the matter we have minimum wage requirements that prevent these unprepared adults from getting jobs where they might develop skills to improve upon their position. But then this provides more dependents to prop up an unholy political party bent on stealing so they can redistribute to those suffering by their hands. And in their ignorance they vote for those enslaving them in misery never to reach their full potential in life. The hobbling and demise of America is in full swing.

The Role of 'Educators'

jturning Wrote: Jan 08, 2013 12:45 PM
It's taken Satan a couple hundred years, but he's finally turned the corner on the destruction of America. What started as a great nation under the hand or providence because they recognized God with God giving farmers victory over soldiers has now been corrupted, our society pushing God further and further away and out from our mist while violating his precepts and laws. One only has to look in the Bible when Israel did the same with their streets running red with the blood of children and iniquity, where God saw fit to rise up a power to conquer them and take them away into bondage. At least for those of us that believe we see the final prophecies being prepared with Israel being restored after 1900 years. Maranatha!

Why the 2nd Amendment

jturning Wrote: Jan 03, 2013 11:33 AM
Lets not forget self defense. I have used a gun to defend myself when my front door was kicked at 4:30am in the morning. Luckily for the would be intruders the sound of me violently racking a round was sufficient to send them on their way as I would have shot them had they entered. And this was during a time when armed home invasions were occurring. And I have all respect for law enforcement, but there aren't enough of them and their response times aren't that great in all areas. And when civil unrest is happening they usually pull out of problem areas or are directed to other areas. The reality is more than likely you're going to have to defend yourself and there is no better tool than a gun.

Middle East Democracy

jturning Wrote: Dec 26, 2012 12:57 PM
Lost in the discussion is that the Christian populations of these nations come under attack by the rebels and Muslims. Its a fact the Christians and other minorities were safer under the previous leaders. This is one of the clearest examples of Obama's deception that he's Christian, because if he was he wouldn't be supporting the Muslim Brotherhood at the expense of his Christian brothers and sisters in the Middle East. But then no obedient Christian man would do what Obama does as president as he's a walking, talking violation of scripture. Ultimately God judges his servants, but I can see the fruit from this one is rotten. Its just too bad more "Christians" don't read their Bibles to see the truth.
I love Thomas Sowell's random thought columns along with the bluntness of his thoughts. Its just good to know you're not alone out here while you're watching the world. I was struck with a thought myself on Christmas day, what if the current state of America and its citizens has to do with the 50,000,000 plus citizens that were denied the right to life. What if in those aborted babies were the men and women that would have led this country back to God and prosperity. It would be a fitting punishment that in the woman's right to her body nonsense we crippled our national life and created the foundation of our destruction.

A Hundred Percent of Nothing

jturning Wrote: Dec 19, 2012 12:24 PM
Great column. This is a great example for America because you will face the consequences of the people you elect. "Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap." Gal 6:7

"Forward" to the Past?

jturning Wrote: Dec 19, 2012 12:13 PM
His premise is true because the left that are cognizant of the actual agenda realize they're heading towards socialism onward to communism, but their answer when you confront them with the historical results is that it just hasn't been done correctly yet. I like to explain to them some conditions in North Korea where Christians are put into labor camps if not killed, but no amount of facts will persuade them from their error and delusion.

Invincible Ignorance

jturning Wrote: Dec 18, 2012 11:40 AM
I for one have used a gun to defend myself. When I lived in an urban area of South Sacramento, I had my door kicked in at 4:30am in the morning. Luckily my dog growled when they were behind the house unscrewing security lights and I had gotten up and saw shadows as they went around the corner to the front. Then I heard the crack as they kicked open the front door. Luckily for them hearing me rack a round violently in my 1911 sent them running and they never entered, because with the armed home invasions happening around that time I was shooting whoever came through the door. Besides, you're not the sharpest woken up in the middle of the night so you kind of assume the worst and let it shake out where it will.

Our Government-Created Financial Crisis

jturning Wrote: Dec 12, 2012 11:54 AM
Except your money is shrinking in value now and will eventually implode as this whole house of cards eventually comes down. Personally, I think the country is lost to the ignorant that can't realize when they're being conned. Better prepare to move out of the country and convert your money to something more stable before its too late. Heritage.org keeps a list of countries with better economic freedom than the United States, which is falling down the list. I'm intrigued with Chile myself.

Taxing the Poor

jturning Wrote: Dec 12, 2012 11:33 AM
That last sentence was golden.