Democrats control California's Legislature, and its governor, Jerry Brown, is a Democrat. California is home to some of America's richest people and...
I'm not even rich and the wife and I were taxed nearly $5,000 just for CA income tax, of which we are only getting $915 back. This is in addition to the $13,000 the Feds are keeping in federal income tax, another $5,500 for Social Security and Medicare. All this money being taken from the wife and I is about 25% of our income, and I'm not factoring in the sales tax, gas taxes.... These are ridiculous rates for regular working folk, and the rich pay higher percentages on income, rightly less on capital gains. This makes me want to kick every single ignorant Obama and Demoncrat supporter. Most of you work yourselves, so pay attention to your pay stubs and the facts instead of getting caught up in their stupid emotional manipulation.
California was once the land of opportunity, but it is going down the tubes. Several of California's prominent cities have declared bankruptcy, such as Vallejo, Stockton, Mammoth Lakes and San Bernardino. Others are on the precipice, and that includes Los Angeles, California's largest city. California's 2012 budget deficit is expected to top $28 billion, and its state debt is $618 billion. That's more than twice the size of New York's state debt, which itself is the second-highest in the nation.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago