Democrats control California's Legislature, and its governor, Jerry Brown, is a Democrat. California is home to some of America's richest people and...
I'm not even rich and the wife and I were taxed nearly $5,000 just for CA income tax, of which we are only getting $915 back. This is in addition to the $13,000 the Feds are keeping in federal income tax, another $5,500 for Social Security and Medicare. All this money being taken from the wife and I is about 25% of our income, and I'm not factoring in the sales tax, gas taxes.... These are ridiculous rates for regular working folk, and the rich pay higher percentages on income, rightly less on capital gains. This makes me want to kick every single ignorant Obama and Demoncrat supporter. Most of you work yourselves, so pay attention to your pay stubs and the facts instead of getting caught up in their stupid emotional manipulation.
California was once the land of opportunity, but it is going down the tubes. Several of California's prominent cities have declared bankruptcy, such as Vallejo, Stockton, Mammoth Lakes and San Bernardino. Others are on the precipice, and that includes Los Angeles, California's largest city. California's 2012 budget deficit is expected to top $28 billion, and its state debt is $618 billion. That's more than twice the size of New York's state debt, which itself is the second-highest in the nation.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago