A well-liked, Christian man in England had his salary reduced by 40% after posting a comment on his Facebook page in which he stated that the government should not force churches to perform same-sex “marriage” ceremonies. And a Christian couple running a bed and breakfast in their family home in England was fined almost $6,000 for hurting the feelings of a gay couple by refusing to rent a room to them. The headline to Amanda Platell’s report on the first of these two cases said it all: “The real hate crime is persecuting a decent man for his beliefs.”...
To say homosexuality is not a choice is BS. Attraction MAY not be a choice. Therefore you can say "it is not my choice to be attracted to someone of the same sex as me" but sexual acts ARE a choice. Along the lines of your ideology how would you be able to punish a pedophile? It may truly not be their choice to be attracted to underage persons, but the moment that person acts on those urges they made a "choice" and therefore should punished. Now I'm not saying we should punish homosexuals (between two consenting and of age individuals), I am simply saying the "I didn't chose this" defense is garbage.
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 58 mins ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago