A well-liked, Christian man in England had his salary reduced by 40% after posting a comment on his Facebook page in which he stated that the government should not force churches to perform same-sex “marriage” ceremonies. And a Christian couple running a bed and breakfast in their family home in England was fined almost $6,000 for hurting the feelings of a gay couple by refusing to rent a room to them. The headline to Amanda Platell’s report on the first of these two cases said it all: “The real hate crime is persecuting a decent man for his beliefs.”...
To say homosexuality is not a choice is BS. Attraction MAY not be a choice. Therefore you can say "it is not my choice to be attracted to someone of the same sex as me" but sexual acts ARE a choice. Along the lines of your ideology how would you be able to punish a pedophile? It may truly not be their choice to be attracted to underage persons, but the moment that person acts on those urges they made a "choice" and therefore should punished. Now I'm not saying we should punish homosexuals (between two consenting and of age individuals), I am simply saying the "I didn't chose this" defense is garbage.
- Rally point: Should Obama start talking about combat forces now? Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- International community concerned America violating international law by striking Syria? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Jihadi social media: Khorasan Group leader Muhsin al-Fadhli killed in U.S. airstrikes in Syria Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- NYT: On second thought, Bush did pull together a coalition on Iraq Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago