We still think a microwave is for heating coffee and thawing frozen food, never the name of a computer game. We weren't born to researching on Wikipedia or Googling for facts. Our fingers can text, but often strike two letters on the Android, making for some strange communications. We despair of catching up with the tools at hand and wonder what it all means for the...
...There's a serious debate over whether Pell Grant programs, which fund part of the tuition for the pursuit of a four-year liberal arts degree, should be extended to cover job-oriented skills. .. Serious debate? Seriously? Liberal Arts degree do NOT cover job oriented skills. People (today) with Liberal Arts degrees pride themselves as being CRITICAL THINKERS with absolutely no knowledge or math, science, or business. For some reason, employers do not look at that as a positive.
The digital age continues to confuse and confound a generation of adults who have learned to participate in it, but lack the ability for what Ethel Merman as Annie Oakley called "doin' what comes naturally."
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 19 hours ago