Most of it won't surprise you: the northeast and the rust belt states, along with California, are losing residents at incredibly high rates. Most of the south and southwest is gaining. Texas, Florida, Arizona, and Colorado lead the way in total wealth gained due to migration. Some are surprising, though: Washington State,...
Alas Witless William...a modest house near the ocean, or maybe the mountains, or among towering redwoods with an incredible diversity of relaxation options versus a modest home in Midland with sagebrush and rattlesnakes and miles and miles of...what, oil wells and cattle? I have lived in both and much prefer California. California's financial problems started with Prop 13 and the GOP trying to "drowned the government in a bath tub".
In the United States today, interstate migration is becoming a more and more prominent topic. A new book called How Money Walks has used IRS data to put hard numbers to which states are losing and which states are gaining wealth due to interstate migration.
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- Fox News primetime hits record high ratings, MSNBC falls to record lows Gabriel Malor 1 hour ago
- Marquette poll: Walker now leads outside the margin of error, tops 50 percent support Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- The new New Math: Byzantine subtraction in Common Core Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Wow: WH says it learned about the Secret Service’s security breach in the CDC elevator … yesterday Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Paul Ryan: I’m not running for president if Mitt Romney runs Allahpundit 4 hours ago