In short, then, the economy stalled after a surprisingly strong February. Employers weren't hiring much and a lot of people gave up looking for jobs. Even the federal government lost jobs - though that was...
You're damn right, I'm not participating in the Obama economy. No major purchases, only saving every cent (until he's out of office) paying bills, and groceries. If it's going to be all the Obama's way - think again. I'm not budging. I'm staying out of the stores and have eliminated every single extra I can. No new clothes, TV's, cars, furniture, appliances - and we're happier for it - so is our savings account. Why work when you can go on disability or welfare? Lowest labor participation rate since 1979? Yep. That's right.
The American economy added 88,000 jobs in March, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which was a major miss from predictions. Forecasters were expecting between 150,000-200,000 jobs added. The unemployment rate dropped despite the lackluster number added due to a sharp drop in the labor force participation rate - from 7.7 to 7.6%. Nearly half a million people stopped looking for work in March.
- A Christian conundrum in conservative rhetoric? Ed Morrissey 47 mins ago
- Sanitizing terror: Has the press distorted Islamic radical’s crusade against gay men? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Let’s play ‘What if a GOP’er Said It’ with Harry Reid’s racially insensitive jokes Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago