Perhaps we should raise the drinking age to 25 as well.

Ok Let's Have Open Carry on Campus

JScottKemp Wrote: Jan 07, 2014 11:44 AM
Concealed carry license holders are - statistically - the most law-abiding segment of society (even more so than LEOs as a group). I think that I should be allowed to carry my firearm anywhere that a police officer is allowed to carry his firearm.

Ok Let's Have Open Carry on Campus

JScottKemp Wrote: Jan 07, 2014 11:40 AM
Statistically speaking, holders of concealed carry permits are the most law-abiding, peaceful segment of society. I suspect that your un-ease is the kind of uneasiness that we all feel towards change,

Ok Let's Have Open Carry on Campus

JScottKemp Wrote: Jan 07, 2014 11:37 AM
I am with you Doc - giddy-up.
I agree with Ann in general. But ther is a real devil in the details. Who decides what constitutes mental illness? And do we diagnose someone as mentally ill - and remove some of their God-given rights - before they have done anything? ... just based on a psychiatric diagnosis? This breaches the constitutionally protected idea of a person being innocent until proven guilty. And don't get me started on the idea of "it is for their own good"! We need less government, fewer rules - not more.

Alec Baldwin vs. Liberal Bullies

JScottKemp Wrote: Nov 21, 2013 9:32 AM
Ann is defending Baldwin as a prototype of all the people that Liberals want to attack. She notes that it is inconsistent of Conservatives to have different rules for Alec Baldwin than they do for Sarah Palin. Fair is fair - no matter who the target is. The good guys (Conservatives) must keep to the moral high ground. My $.02 worth.

Shots Fired on Capitol Hill?

JScottKemp Wrote: Oct 03, 2013 4:09 PM
Are we entering (what SciFi author Robert Heinlein would have called) a silly season?
Katie - You are correct. Emily won the argument hands down. Of course, she had a large advantage in that the facts support her position. One should not disparage the intelligence or debate-skill of liberals who have no option but to argue without any factual support for their position.

A Generation of Sociopaths

JScottKemp Wrote: Sep 19, 2013 10:11 AM
Dr. Adams - As usual, you are right on. What is unusual for you is the dearth of sarcasm. What fun is that? But then, the topic really is not very funny. The solution (IMHO) is to pray for revival.

Crazier Than Liberals

JScottKemp Wrote: Sep 19, 2013 9:59 AM
It is not only the liberals that believe the power to send people who have committed no crime to a place where they are locked in and treated against their will is a power that must be balanced somehow. I don't feel sanguine about giving that authority to a bunch of federal bureaucrats. I consider myself a libertarian - the most conservative of the tea party conservatives. So, while I agree with Ann's assessment of the problem. I think that her solution may be a little to simplistic...a little too easy. This is not an easy problem.

The Hill of Hypocrisy