Democrats don’t have the 51 votes they need in the Senate to change filibuster rules that could make it harder for the GOP minority to wield power in the upper chamber. Lawmakers leading the charge acknowledge they remain short, but express optimism they’ll hit their goal. “I haven’t counted 51 just yet, but we’re working,” said Sen. Tom Udall (D-N.M.), a leading...
In response to:
yes We can go to hell while you go to Texas? I think you have that a@@ backwards.
- CBS poll: GOP lead in generic Congressional ballot similar to final 2010 poll Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- Less than a week before the midterms, Obama backs off deportations of illegal immigrants Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Doctor quarantined in California after return from Liberia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Science: Nobel Prize-winning doctor backs Christie’s quarantine plan Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- The middle class can’t afford to live in liberal cities Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago