Democrats don’t have the 51 votes they need in the Senate to change filibuster rules that could make it harder for the GOP minority to wield power in the upper chamber. Lawmakers leading the charge acknowledge they remain short, but express optimism they’ll hit their goal. “I haven’t counted 51 just yet, but we’re working,” said Sen. Tom Udall (D-N.M.), a leading...
In response to:
C'mon Man I thought you had more intelligence than that. "I would think your money was better spent doing things with your son..." Not much I can do with my son now that he is gone. All I can do now is make sure it does not happen to another "son" My donations to the Obama and the Democratic campaigns are a small, but relevant, piece of making sure that animals like Bush or Cheney never come into power again.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- 12 questions the White House press corps could have asked Obama about Obamacare Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Federal judge: Utah’s ban on gay marriage is unconstitutional Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Why Sen. Landrieu might be pretty pumped about Sen. Baucus’s nomination to the ambassadorship to China Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- CNN reporter to Obama at press conference: What’s your New Year’s resolution? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- CNN poll: 14% of Republicans disapprove of Obama because … he’s not liberal enough? Allahpundit 8 hours ago