I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
24-7-365 we get the Democrat message. Specifically, it is the low-info voters who get the Dem message 24-7-365. If the GOP intends to fight back, they're going to have to buy airtime. There is no other way.
- Video: Mitt Romney takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 36 mins ago
- A Christian conundrum in conservative rhetoric? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sanitizing terror: Has the press distorted Islamic radical’s crusade against gay men? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Let’s play ‘What if a GOP’er Said It’ with Harry Reid’s racially insensitive jokes Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago