The FISA Amendments Act largely exempted the federal government from having to work through a special court system in order to obtain warrants to monitor communications involving Americans. While President Obama was in the Senate, he opposed the legislation. Now that he's actually wielding the levers of...
In response to:
No. Obama is even more simplistic.
Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein has been presided over four days of committee debate over reauthorization of the FISA Amendments Act with an iron fist and incredible subordination to the Obama Administration. The FISA Amendments Act of 2008 was set to expire, but President Obama has been pushing for its un-amended reauthorization.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 5 hours ago