No one, after all, likes paying too much. So let's put a stop to it. Gas is too expensive? Make it $2 a gallon, max. Bread and meat take a big bite out of the family budget? Poor people could eat better if they had to pay only $1...
Minimum wage is a very stupid idea to begin with. Minimum wage was a tactic to control the people, starting with employers. Before minimum wage, America was prosperous. America was built on the natural laws of supply and demand. Naturally, if you don't pay someone what they're worth, they will leave and go elsewhere to work for a competitor. Even if someone is starting out, never worked before, they will shop around at companies who are hiring and take a similar job with whomever is paying the most. That's just one way the natural law of supply and demand works. It's just like when you buy something. You can buy it cheap and get junk or you can pay a little more more money and get quality. Same thing with labor.
President Barack Obama and Democrats in Congress want to raise the minimum wage to improve the lot of the working poor. But they've got the wrong idea. The problem is not that these workers earn so little; it's that the things they buy cost so much. I propose instead to outlaw high prices.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 9 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 10 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago