No one, after all, likes paying too much. So let's put a stop to it. Gas is too expensive? Make it $2 a gallon, max. Bread and meat take a big bite out of the family budget? Poor people could eat better if they had to pay only $1...
Minimum wage is a very stupid idea to begin with. Minimum wage was a tactic to control the people, starting with employers. Before minimum wage, America was prosperous. America was built on the natural laws of supply and demand. Naturally, if you don't pay someone what they're worth, they will leave and go elsewhere to work for a competitor. Even if someone is starting out, never worked before, they will shop around at companies who are hiring and take a similar job with whomever is paying the most. That's just one way the natural law of supply and demand works. It's just like when you buy something. You can buy it cheap and get junk or you can pay a little more more money and get quality. Same thing with labor.
President Barack Obama and Democrats in Congress want to raise the minimum wage to improve the lot of the working poor. But they've got the wrong idea. The problem is not that these workers earn so little; it's that the things they buy cost so much. I propose instead to outlaw high prices.
- Video: The shooting of Kajieme Powell Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Perry grand juror also a Texas Democratic Party delegate? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago