No one, after all, likes paying too much. So let's put a stop to it. Gas is too expensive? Make it $2 a gallon, max. Bread and meat take a big bite out of the family budget? Poor people could eat better if they had to pay only $1...
Minimum wage is a very stupid idea to begin with. Minimum wage was a tactic to control the people, starting with employers. Before minimum wage, America was prosperous. America was built on the natural laws of supply and demand. Naturally, if you don't pay someone what they're worth, they will leave and go elsewhere to work for a competitor. Even if someone is starting out, never worked before, they will shop around at companies who are hiring and take a similar job with whomever is paying the most. That's just one way the natural law of supply and demand works. It's just like when you buy something. You can buy it cheap and get junk or you can pay a little more more money and get quality. Same thing with labor.
President Barack Obama and Democrats in Congress want to raise the minimum wage to improve the lot of the working poor. But they've got the wrong idea. The problem is not that these workers earn so little; it's that the things they buy cost so much. I propose instead to outlaw high prices.
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Pew poll: 61% of Republicans under age 30 support legalizing gay marriage Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Breaking: National lightbringer turns out not to be so centrist after all Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- CPAC: Evan Sayet Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago