Let's see if I got this straight. In 1962, a Democrat signed the Clean Air Act. This was the birth of the EPA. Back then we had a few really bad toxic spills, but we had something else: prosperity! In the interim 50 years, the liberals have used their secret plot to totally destroy the industrial base of this once giant nation. At that time we were the greatest lending nation on earth, and most folks had savings accounts. (If you don't know what that means, you are proof of what I am saying,) What a legacy for Liberalism: we went from being #1 in the world intellectually (based upon quality of out high school graduates) to # 25! We also went from prosperity to rags. We now have half of the nation collecting food stamps. WOW!
Under President Obama the participation rate in the food stamp program has skyrocketed—one in seven Americans now receives food stamps. To keep up with the demands of the burgeoning program, spending has thus “doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012,” and nearly quadrupled since 2000. According to Heritage, “Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government.” With that said, brace yourself for Breitbart’s findings: “The number of individuals on food stamps now exceeds the...
- Video: AQ’s competition with ISIS means renewed focus on hitting US Ed Morrissey 10 mins ago
- The GOP comes roaring back in Colorado Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- WSJ: Obama will require military to get his personal approval for U.S. strikes in Syria Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Scotland goes to the polls on independence Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Chaffetz to DHS Secretary: Did you hear the one about the four suspected terrorists who tried to walk across the border? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- The left’s war on football Noah Rothman 3 hours ago