True Grit

jreinhardt Wrote: May 15, 2013 11:25 AM
As an old retired teacher, I have watched in horror as soccer teams play with no winner, dodgeball became a dangerous game, and teachers were encouraged not to use red pens because they might hurt a child's self-esteem. Really??? Silly me. I thought self-esteem came from within when the self realized something good had been learned.
I have to hand it to O, no matter what the question is the answer is always the same. This is the very same IRS that we are to trust to run Obamacare? Keep our health information? Puleeze!
Perhaps this is a 'grassy knoll' idea, but I read on a blog 3 days ago from a nurse where the Saudi national was being treated. A bomb threat was called into the hospital and they all evacuated. During this time a helicoptor landed on the roof which they believed to be associated to the bomb threat. When the nurse returned to her duty, she found the Saudi national gone and his chart read, 'transferred'. Transferred where???
Thomas Paine wrote in The Sunshine Patriot, 1776, "The cunning of the fox is as dangerous as the violence of the wolf, and we ought to guard equally against both."

Sanford's Uphill Climb

jreinhardt Wrote: Mar 27, 2013 1:21 PM
While I abhor how Mark Sandford made a mockery of his governorship and his marriage, I still trust any democrat less. Since she is Colbert's sister, I will double down on my choice. How is that whole staying home thing working for us?

Have We Lost America? Hell No!

jreinhardt Wrote: Mar 25, 2013 10:53 AM
Thomas Paine said in The Sunshine Patriot, "For though the flames of liberty may sometimes cease to shine, the coal can never expire." Add to your list of good news that conservatives have 30 governorships and 25 of those states have conservatives in control of both houses at the state level. It seems that we choose better locally than nationally.
I've followed Dr. Adams commentary about campus life for years. I truly admire his willingness to point out all of the foolish things that are being done to the children of America in the name of liberal fairness. I'll be watching to see if the left pushes us to show Dan Cathy, a man who grew up in an orphanage, our appreciation again. You can eat more chicken or not, but we have no right to tell Mr. Cathy how to spend the money in his pocket.

America's Coming Gun War

jreinhardt Wrote: Jan 08, 2013 10:10 AM
While I don't own a gun, I would die for the right to do so. The bigger question to me is why we are not having a conversation about mental health and the utter lack of resources in any community to help those suffering and their families. In the 60's and early 70's those feel-good liberals decided that mental institutions should go the way of the dinosaur. As usual, they took away what they deemed to be bad and replaced it with NOTHING!

The Role of 'Educators'

jreinhardt Wrote: Jan 08, 2013 9:54 AM
Most teachers that I know in conservative south Georgia join in order to have access to legal services in case they are sued. While I was a member of GAE, they couldn't have told me to go to the bathroom, let alone to walk out on my students. I truly question where all this time to indoctrinate children comes into play. There is barely enough time to teach the 3 R's, but then I never had time to stand in the hall and talk to other teachers either. One big problem with education today does have to do with the books used for instruction. The big book companies run their products by California and Texas first because they are the largest purchasers of textbooks. So the rest of the country teaches what they choose.

Murder, the Chicago Way

jreinhardt Wrote: Dec 10, 2012 10:51 PM
I read during the months before the election that Daley had run afoul of Valerie Jarrett; that might explain the special prosecutor.
At my little daughter's first astronomy show years ago she heard the voice say how old the earth was and said that I had told her that God made the earth in 6 days. I answered that I didn't know how long God called a day and that is still my answer. The Bible spends so few verses on how God made the world and so many on how we are to live in it. I found the question to Rubio offensive and the uproar about his answer foolish.