Pat Nixon declared herself pro-choice after the 1973 court case Roe v. Wade, making her the first First Lady to do so. Prior to the court decision, her views on abortion were a bit more mixed. In 1972 she stated, “I'm really not for abortion. I think...
What about Betty Ford and Rosalynn Carter?
Last week, Ann Romney proudly told the ladies of The View she is pro-life. What some may not know, is that she would be the first First Lady in the White House to defend the life of the unborn since the 1973 court decision of Roe v. Wade made abortion legal.
- Did Flight 370 continue for four more hours in flight? Ed Morrissey 21 minutes ago
- McClatchy: White House hiding 9,000 documents from Senate probe of CIA Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago