Last year, a high school in Cranston, Rhode Island attracted national attention when it removed a “prayer banner” that had been displayed in the school for 20 years. (This was the text of the terribly dangerous, offensive prayer: “Our Heavenly Father. Grant us each day the desire to do our best. To grow mentally and...
In response to:
Jerome, not every reference to God or every prayer in school is necessarily prosletizing. It is just that history is history and tradition is tradition. Are the words "In God we trust," on our coins "pushing religious beliefs"? Speaking of tolerance: Was it that difficult to "tolerate" a prayer banner that only requested something positive and beneficial to everyone? Death threats are out of the question. "The Flintstones is a documentary."? Sounds pretty sarcastic to me. Incidently, nobody knows how old the earth is.
Have you heard about the ACLU’s latest antics? Their most recent victory is so outrageous, so outlandish, and so ridiculous that words actually fail in trying to describe it. Not surprisingly, this legal theater of the absurd is being played out in Rhode Island.
- Ron Paul: Crimea has the right to join Russia, and U.S. sanctions would be “criminal” Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Amazing: Leader of authoritarian gulag state unanimously “elected” with 100 percent voter turnout Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Snowden Q&A overshadowed at SXSW by … Girls Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Russian ambassador: We’re making it easier for Latvian ethnic Russians to get citizenship Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 3 hours ago