Walter, there is no need to write an article like this one. What do you expect from a man who was born in 1809? If you do some more research, you will definitely realize that Abraham Lincoln was definitely ant-slavery on a personal level. Lincoln is the greatest President this nation has ever had. Why? Because he was faced with a decision on whether to go to war or not. Nearly one million people died in the Civil War. Who would like to be faced with the circumstances Lincoln faced? He made his decision. It was hurtful. There is still one nation called the United States of America. Some still say the price paid in blood, and all of the sacrifices that come with it was not worth it. Lincoln was not a perfect man, just a great man.
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Video: Joint Chiefs chairman concedes U.S. ground troops may see combat in Iraq Noah Rothman 49 mins ago
- Study: Nighty network news covered Bush’s crumbling job approval 124 times to this point in year six — versus nine times for Obama Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- An Orwellian War: U.S. routinely calling operations in Iraq what they are not Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- How many people are poised to lose 2014 ObamaCare coverage? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Thousands of American troops headed to Africa to fight… Ebola? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- WaPo editors: Say, this ISIS intervention looks a wee bit “underpowered,” no? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago