In the fourth quarter of 2012, the CBO estimates, stimulus effects caused between 100,000 and 800,000 people to be employed over what would have happened absent the stimulus. By the end of 2013, the CBO's low-end estimate shows that the stimulus'...
"In the fourth quarter of 2012, the CBO estimates, stimulus effects caused between 100,000 and 800,000 people to be employed over what would have happened absent the stimulus." Yet, the economy grew by a negative 0.1% GDP during Q4 2012. So the Stimulus added between 100,000 and 800,000 jobs to an economy that was contracting? Yeah, right.
The Congressional Budget Office today released its update to its estimates of the effects of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act - popularly known as President Obama's stimulus program. The CBO estimates that more than 90% of the stimulus' impact has been felt by now, and that its greatest effect was felt in the middle of 2010.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 7 hours ago