NCAA President Mark Emmert announced sweeping sanctions against Penn State University this morning, in response to the horrific child sex abuse scandal that has rocked the school's venerable football program. The university's own investigation -- led by former FBI director Louis Freeh -- determined that top university officials and football personnel, including the late Joe Paterno, participated an extensive cover-up to protect Penn State football. These actions enabled former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky to continue to rape children, some of whom he victimized inside PSU football facilities. Emmert described the "punative and corrective" measures the NCAA has...
In response to:
SMU was given the Death Sentence for gross recruiting violations that could be traced to the Texas Governor. What happened at Penn St was much worse. I wonder if the Feminist complained to the NCAA that if they gave Penn St the Death Sentence, all of the female sports would suffer as well. Penn St football is a huge cash cow that subsidizes women's sports as well as lesser sports like cross country and La Cross.
- Joe Scarborough on Israel: “We cannot be associated with this if this continues” Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Clintons on unauthorized bios: “Should neither be allowed nor enabled” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Male justices can’t understand Hobby Lobby case because genitals Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Democrats fumbling their way to turnout debacle? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago