As if Congress needed any more obstacles to resolving the fiscal cliff (and the expiring continuing resolution, and the looming debt limit), a brewing fight over filibuster rules in the Senate threatens to obliterate the upper chamber's traditional comity that has greased the skids of compromise for generations. We've been covering this particular controversy over recent weeks -- and dating back years, really -- so feel free to brush up on what's at stake and why both sides are digging in their heels. Cliffs Notes version: Harry Reid is an obtuse and tyrannical majority leader, whose strong-arm...
In response to:
The GOP kitty cats will hiss and fuss and do nothing. And if the time ever comes that the GOP re-takes the Senate, our Republican kitty cats will return the filibuster to its former glory in a show of bi-partisanship. The Dems have got the GOP pegged 100% -especially in the Senate.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 6 hours ago