Where's Gowdy in your estimation? He seems to be the Frankenstein you're looking for.

Do You Hear What I Hear?

jparker Wrote: Nov 07, 2014 2:40 PM
I haven't been able to find an actual percentage of voters who turned out, but I have a really hard time believing it was actually only a third who showed up to vote. But assuming that's true, I have a question for Obama: why do you suppose those voters didn't vote? Do you automatically assume they support you? And if you do, why? And what about the voters who stayed home in 2012? There were a LOT of them, too. Midterm voter turnout is always low, but voter turnout for presidential elections fluctuates. Your first election had one of the highest voter turnout rates in a very long time. But your second election had a rate comparable to 2000, one of the lowest in history. I didn't hear you say a word about the people who chose to stay away from the polls in 2012. They didn't matter to you then, because you got what you wanted, and they didn't help you to get it, so they didn't count. Now, suddenly, the voters who chose not to vote count in your esteem. Why is that?
Do you own a smartphone or tablet with a touch screen? If you do, try what I just tried. I held the phone in front of me with one hand and used the index finger of my right hand, just as the man in the video, and pressed an app to open in. Every time, my fingernail touched the app above the one I meant to open, but never did this cause the wrong app to open. Fingernails do not generate enough heat to register a touch on a touch screen. It is not pressure that a touch screen reads, it is heat. This is how, even with a protective plastic shield over my phone's screen, it still registers my touch even without any extra pressure applied. The video evidence is clear; the young man is having his vote changed for him.

Conservatives' Culture Bubble

jparker Wrote: Aug 18, 2014 2:56 PM
I don't think you understood what I was trying to say. I have re-read the comment and I remember it now. I wasn't trying to say that we should never tell each other when we're absolutely wrong, and hurting our own cause, which people like wmou, Mark_H and Troglodyte (great name, and very applicable) are definitely doing. In fact, many of the responders on this board just make liberals appear to be right when they describe us this way.

Conservatives' Culture Bubble

jparker Wrote: Aug 18, 2014 2:53 PM
In what way?

Conservatives' Culture Bubble

jparker Wrote: Aug 18, 2014 2:19 PM
Okay, sorry. I found them. It was several months ago, not just yesterday, but again, I fail to see how I'm not living up to that. The people I'm replying to are coming off as uninformed, ignorant and sexually repressed.

Conservatives' Culture Bubble

jparker Wrote: Aug 18, 2014 2:17 PM
As I say above, I don't remember writing that. I haven't commented on a TH post in several weeks. I'm going back through my comments and can't find these words.

Conservatives' Culture Bubble

jparker Wrote: Aug 18, 2014 2:15 PM
I haven't read him because westerns don't interest me.

Conservatives' Culture Bubble

jparker Wrote: Aug 18, 2014 2:15 PM
I don't recall writing that. But it's true. And I don't see how I've gone against that.

Conservatives' Culture Bubble

jparker Wrote: Aug 18, 2014 1:33 PM
Another thing; if you start declaring something evil, and make claims about what's in it, you look like an idiot. More than one person has proceeded to tell me that the Harry Potter books featured real Wiccan spells and all kinds of other claims that were completely bogus. I don't mean that they picked up on subtext that could be argued wasn't there; they literally claimed that there were scenes, characters and actions present in the books that were not. When asked where they read that, unfailingly they will have been told this by someone else who didn't read the books any more than they did. And don't start telling me that it's because I got corrupted by reading the books. I also read Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy, and found that every word spoken about its corrupting, anti-God nature is 100% true.