The best way to get people to use less and produce more is to allow prices to rise. For example, say a...
Commies do not seek prosperity for anyone. Commies want serfdom for the dumbmasses that can't do anything right on their own. We the dumbmasses need elitists to do it all for us. Then when we dumbmasses are all equal in poverty there will be no more crime. We will just take from the pile of plenty what we need. Extravagance was meant for those better than the rest of us. And who defines extravagance.
Here's a question: If there's a disaster, a war, a severe drought or some other calamity that restricts future supplies of a commodity -- such as oil, coffee or corn -- what is the intelligent thing for people to do right away? If you said "use less now and try to produce more," you'd be absolutely correct. That's not rocket science, but understanding the machinery involved in getting people to do so is a bit more challenging.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 5 hours ago