THe legislation wouldn't quite constitute a debt ceiling "hike." What it would do, instead, is declare the statutory debt limit shall not apply" until May 18. And, as Suzy Khimm details, "the debt limit would automatically be increased to account for borrowing that occurred during that period." What number that...
In response to:
Following the House GOP retreat last week, reports leaked that Republican leadership would bring a debt ceiling hike to the floor of the House. It's happening soon - text of the legislation is out now and the House could vote on it as soon as tomorrow.
- Liberal interventionists silent on ISIS’s medieval brutality Noah Rothman 28 minutes ago
- U.S. sends subtle shot at the United Nations over complicity in Gaza violence Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Polls show Israel in lockstep with Netanyahu on Gaza war Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Constitutional law professor on separation of powers: “Stop hatin’ all the time” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: A huge executive amnesty for illegals would be a big mistake, says … Ed Schultz? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Grimes: Iron Dome really helps defend against the tunnels, or something Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago