What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Secularists believe in the power of money and government. Our Christian Founders purposefully labeled our money, "IN GOD WE TRUST" All of the money in the world can not solve character issues. Evil is expensive and wasteful and keeps people impoverished. Americans will fail if we do not put our hope and trust back in the Holy God of the Bible and our Savior Jesus Christ.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago