Hubbard's observation reminded me of my 1972 job interview...
The word "slave" is derived from Slavs? I just learned something new.
Jon Hubbard, a Republican member of the Arkansas House of Representatives, has a book, titled "Letters to the Editor: Confessions of a Frustrated Conservative." Among its statements for which Hubbard has been criticized and disavowed by the Republican Party is, "The institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise. The blacks who could endure those conditions and circumstances would someday be rewarded with citizenship in the greatest nation ever established upon the face of the Earth."
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Dwayne Epstein, Marc Hyden Ed Morrissey 15 minutes ago
- Pope Francis: One year later Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- Stupak: I got double-crossed on the contraception mandate Ed Morrissey 48 minutes ago
- MNSure asks for additional $12.5 million to fix website and call center Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Federal committee devising new dietary guidelines based on… climate change Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- National Journal: Loss in HHS contraception mandate case would “restrict access” for women Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago