I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
I must conclude that unlike Boehner, McConnell is a competent political chess player.
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 30 mins ago
- U.K. graciously declines to charge parents arrested for trying to save their child’s life Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Biden: “It’s time to take back America!” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s smash ISIS Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- The obligatory “celebrity nudes hacked” post Allahpundit 3 hours ago