How big of a problem do plastic shopping bags pose to the environment?
Since the elected supervisors of Los Angeles' City Council recently voted to ban plastic shopping bags at the city's retailers, largely in response to "clean-water" advocates, who argue that the bags "pollute the ocean and the city's waterways", we thought we'd get a sense of just how big that problem really is.
Our chart below presents the answer, which refers to data that those who support bans on plastic shopping bags frequently cite in advancing their agenda:
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 43 minutes ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Dem donors demand discount for Obama dinners? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Months later, ObamaCare exchanges still aren’t working properly Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- The obligatory “LA woman in labor can’t cross street because of Obama’s motorcade” post Allahpundit 3 hours ago