The Board’s position was put forward by Acting General Counsel Lafe Solomon in a disturbing brief to the Fourth Circuit. It was filed to defend the Obama Board’s highly controversial decision, Specialty Healthcare, which jettisoned 76 years of Board law. The decision authorized unions in...
In response to:
What about the toll booth attendant? The price to drive on toll roads goes up to cover it. Use a lawn care service? Those guys are making $50/hr now so the cost of mowing your grass and spraying it has just tripled. What about the wipers at the car wash? The cost of a basic wash has gone from $7 to $30. How about the oil change guy at Jiffy Lube? No more $20 oil and filter changes if he's now making $50/hr, now it's closer to $40. $3.50 for a Big Mac? Not if the fry cook and the cashier are making $50/hr. That Big Mac now costs $20. After all the low wage workers in the supply chain from producer to consumer are accounted for prices will soar to levels where nobody will buy anymore and all those jobs will be lost when businesses close down
If you are wondering why American manufacturing jobs are going overseas and not coming back, look no further than President Obama’s National Labor Relations Board. The NLRB recently told a U.S. Court of Appeals that employers’ concerns that a multiplicity of small bargaining units will cripple their operations are “irrelevant” under U.S. labor law.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 19 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014