Christmas is not about Jesus and never was. Christmas is a mish mash of pagan traditions stemming from the Roman celebrations of Saturnalia as well as that of Dies Natalis Solis Invicti and northern European pagan traditions.Jesus would be appalled to be associated with such activities. Mary and Joseph were travelling to be counted in the Roman census and to pay their taxes which would explain the inn being full as everyone in Judea would be required to make the journey, so it is highly unlikely that the Roman governor would force people to make the trip in the dead of winter because many would die before being able to pay the tax. Jesus was more likely born in the spring or summer months when travel would have been more hospitable.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago