Christmas is not about Jesus and never was. Christmas is a mish mash of pagan traditions stemming from the Roman celebrations of Saturnalia as well as that of Dies Natalis Solis Invicti and northern European pagan traditions.Jesus would be appalled to be associated with such activities. Mary and Joseph were travelling to be counted in the Roman census and to pay their taxes which would explain the inn being full as everyone in Judea would be required to make the journey, so it is highly unlikely that the Roman governor would force people to make the trip in the dead of winter because many would die before being able to pay the tax. Jesus was more likely born in the spring or summer months when travel would have been more hospitable.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 10 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 11 hours ago