Christmas is not about Jesus and never was. Christmas is a mish mash of pagan traditions stemming from the Roman celebrations of Saturnalia as well as that of Dies Natalis Solis Invicti and northern European pagan traditions.Jesus would be appalled to be associated with such activities. Mary and Joseph were travelling to be counted in the Roman census and to pay their taxes which would explain the inn being full as everyone in Judea would be required to make the journey, so it is highly unlikely that the Roman governor would force people to make the trip in the dead of winter because many would die before being able to pay the tax. Jesus was more likely born in the spring or summer months when travel would have been more hospitable.
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 18 mins ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Journalist quits Ferguson after denouncing the media’s behavior Noah Rothman 4 hours ago