You should do what I do. Get your eye exam locally then order your glasses online. The last pair of glasses I bought only cost $25 and most of that was the shipping. I used Zenni Optical. You pick your frames, enter your prescription information and the width of the frames and then in a few weeks your glasses arrive by mail. They're probably made in China, but the frames and the unground lenses you buy in a store are probably made in China anyway. They are only ground to fit and assembled in the store. Glasses comparable to what I got would have cost me $250 if I bought them in the place where I had my eye exam, so it's a big savings even if you get a 2 for 1 deal from the local eyewear shop.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 10 hours ago