You should do what I do. Get your eye exam locally then order your glasses online. The last pair of glasses I bought only cost $25 and most of that was the shipping. I used Zenni Optical. You pick your frames, enter your prescription information and the width of the frames and then in a few weeks your glasses arrive by mail. They're probably made in China, but the frames and the unground lenses you buy in a store are probably made in China anyway. They are only ground to fit and assembled in the store. Glasses comparable to what I got would have cost me $250 if I bought them in the place where I had my eye exam, so it's a big savings even if you get a 2 for 1 deal from the local eyewear shop.
- Stemwinder: Rand Paul rips Obama’s Syria plan, McCain, Kerry, Hillary, interventionists, anti-war hypocrites, you name it Allahpundit 30 mins ago
- Congressman: The CIA thinks Obama’s strategy of arming Syrian moderates is “doomed to failure” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ukrainian President warns joint session of Congress of the ‘new Cold War’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Will Scotland declare independence? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Syrian rebels openly admit: We’re going to use America’s money to fight Assad, not just ISIS Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- VA: Actually, those secret wait lists did have something to do with the deaths Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago