I had the chance to sit down with Eric Metaxas, a writer and speaker who, along with Dr. Ben Carson, addressed CPAC about the importance of religious liberty in America. Metaxas, author of bestseller "Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy," spoke at the 2012 National Prayer Breakfast, where he gave a speech that was no doubt a challenge for President Obama and his cohorts to hear. It's worth watching, as he gives a good-humored but deadly serious talk about having true faith in God, rather than simply paying lip service with Scriptural quotes (contrast President Obama's subsequent speech for...
The difference between freedom of religion and freedom of worship is that when you have freedom of worship, you must keep your religious beliefs confined to your home and place of worship. Everywhere else you do what the state tells you to do or face the consequences. When you have freedom of religion, you are free to put the tenets of your faith into practice in your daily life. So for a Catholic employer, if the government comes along and says you must do something that goes against the tenets of your faith, such as provide abortion or contraception, then freedom of religion is being violated and like it or not, our Constitution guarantees us freedom of RELIGION, not freedom of worship.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 3 hours ago