Congressional Republicans caved in to the Democrats this week, surrendering their principles in order to pass a bill that merely delays the looming fiscal cliff by two months. This is the first time Republicans have voted for a tax increase in 20 years. House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) strong-armed Republican members of the House into supporting it, no doubt by threatening them with loss of their committee positions should they dare to oppose it. The Wall Street Journal described the massive sellout in an editorial, “The Senate-White House compromise grudgingly passed by the House is a Beltway classic: the...
In response to:
Sound and fury....to signify nothing....................................
- Clapper to intel community: You’ve done great work … on ISIS Ed Morrissey 12 mins ago
- Cindy Sheehan: Let’s face it, some liberals support Obama’s wars because of reverse racism Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, C.P. Snow and the science vs. culture battle Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Christie: I am certainly unimpressed with Obama’s leadership on ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago