Congressional Republicans caved in to the Democrats this week, surrendering their principles in order to pass a bill that merely delays the looming fiscal cliff by two months. This is the first time Republicans have voted for a tax increase in 20 years. House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) strong-armed Republican members of the House into supporting it, no doubt by threatening them with loss of their committee positions should they dare to oppose it. The Wall Street Journal described the massive sellout in an editorial, “The Senate-White House compromise grudgingly passed by the House is a Beltway classic: the...
In response to:
Sound and fury....to signify nothing....................................
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 31 minutes ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago