As Guy wrote this week, liberals are arguing spending doesn't lead to deficits or more debt. During his final press conference of his first term Monday, President Obama argued that his vote against raising the debt ceiling in 2006 came at a time when things were "different," and that Republicans shouldn't be hesitating to increase the debt ceiling this time around. Yesterday on Neil Cavuto's show, Democratic Rep. Jan Schakosky argued that Democrats voting against a debt ceiling increase in 2006 wasn't "real."
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 48 mins ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago