Has boosting the U.S. minimum wage from $4.25 per hour in 1994 to today's $7.25 per hour helped or hurt the U.S. economy?
To answer this question, we'll be tapping the U.S. Census Bureau's data on the incomes earned by 15 to 24 year old Americans in 1994 and 2011 (which until this September represents the most recent year for which this data is available). Specifically, we'll be considering the size of the Age 15-24 population, the number of 15-24 year olds with incomes and, of course, the federal minimum wage that applied in each...
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Joe Scarborough on Israel: “We cannot be associated with this if this continues” Allahpundit 18 minutes ago
- Clintons on unauthorized bios: “Should neither be allowed nor enabled” Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- TEMS Thursday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Male justices can’t understand Hobby Lobby case because genitals Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Democrats fumbling their way to turnout debacle? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago