Has boosting the U.S. minimum wage from $4.25 per hour in 1994 to today's $7.25 per hour helped or hurt the U.S. economy?
To answer this question, we'll be tapping the U.S. Census Bureau's data on the incomes earned by 15 to 24 year old Americans in 1994 and 2011 (which until this September represents the most recent year for which this data is available). Specifically, we'll be considering the size of the Age 15-24 population, the number of 15-24 year olds with incomes and, of course, the federal minimum wage that applied in each...
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 17 hours ago