Has boosting the U.S. minimum wage from $4.25 per hour in 1994 to today's $7.25 per hour helped or hurt the U.S. economy?
To answer this question, we'll be tapping the U.S. Census Bureau's data on the incomes earned by 15 to 24 year old Americans in 1994 and 2011 (which until this September represents the most recent year for which this data is available). Specifically, we'll be considering the size of the Age 15-24 population, the number of 15-24 year olds with incomes and, of course, the federal minimum wage that applied in each...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 10 hours ago