Has boosting the U.S. minimum wage from $4.25 per hour in 1994 to today's $7.25 per hour helped or hurt the U.S. economy?
To answer this question, we'll be tapping the U.S. Census Bureau's data on the incomes earned by 15 to 24 year old Americans in 1994 and 2011 (which until this September represents the most recent year for which this data is available). Specifically, we'll be considering the size of the Age 15-24 population, the number of 15-24 year olds with incomes and, of course, the federal minimum wage that applied in each...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: IRS agents who didn’t pay their taxes get $1 million in bonuses Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Most popular guy in the Party of Fair Share to endorse tax cheat for 23rd term Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Oh, good: The EPA finally, retroactively lowers a 2013 biofuels requirement to reflect the fact that the required biofuels did not actually exist Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- The Scalia – Sotomayor Thunderdome Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- AP reporter to State Dep’t spokesman: Seriously, can you identify a single accomplishment since 2010? Allahpundit 12 hours ago