Has boosting the U.S. minimum wage from $4.25 per hour in 1994 to today's $7.25 per hour helped or hurt the U.S. economy?
To answer this question, we'll be tapping the U.S. Census Bureau's data on the incomes earned by 15 to 24 year old Americans in 1994 and 2011 (which until this September represents the most recent year for which this data is available). Specifically, we'll be considering the size of the Age 15-24 population, the number of 15-24 year olds with incomes and, of course, the federal minimum wage that applied in each...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 7 hours ago