Has boosting the U.S. minimum wage from $4.25 per hour in 1994 to today's $7.25 per hour helped or hurt the U.S. economy?
To answer this question, we'll be tapping the U.S. Census Bureau's data on the incomes earned by 15 to 24 year old Americans in 1994 and 2011 (which until this September represents the most recent year for which this data is available). Specifically, we'll be considering the size of the Age 15-24 population, the number of 15-24 year olds with incomes and, of course, the federal minimum wage that applied in each...
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 50 minutes ago
- National Journal: Hillary resets on Russia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- US to give up control over Internet Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Flight 370 dropped to 5,000 feet to evade radar Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Crimea declares independence, applies for Russian reunion Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago