“The vote tomorrow is not a vote on just the Corker-Hoeven amendment. The vote tomorrow at 5:30 pm is a vote on Majority Leader Reid’s procedural motion to shut down debate on a 1,200-page substitute bill no one has read. The Corker-Hoeven amendment no longer exists as a standalone proposal. The amendment...
In response to:
How many times are we goingto allow our representatives to pass legislation without reading and understanding what they are voting for? Invariably we discover, at a much later date, all kinds of unsavory things that were packaged into the legislation BECAUSE legislators expected no one to read it or pay attention. Passing legislation without examining it in detail first is not 'representation'.
The race is on. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, with Republican Senator Marco Rubio's approval, is preparing to rush through the Gang of Eight's 1200 page amnesty legislation today by shutting down debate. Not surprisingly, according to Republican Senator Jeff Sessions, nobody has actually read the thing.
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 21 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 12 hours ago