—The expiration of Bush-era tax cuts on income, investments, married couples and families with children and inheritances.
—A $55 billion, 9 percent cut to the Pentagon next year and another $55 billion in cuts to domestic programs, including a 2 percent cut to Medicare providers.
—The expiration of unemployment benefits for the long-term jobless and a sharp cut in reimbursements for doctors participating...
I'm not sure why Republicans won't give the Democrats exactly what they deserve. Currently, it is only the Makers with targets on their backs. When the economic contraction happens, the Takers will finally "feel our pain". I talked at-length with a very successful manufacturer yesterday. He produces products which go into other manufactured goods. All of it made in the USA and employing dozens of US citizens. He, and most of his customers are going to hold on to their money rather than expanding their businesses. Last summer he purchased the equivalent of a city block in which to build facility which produces plastic injection-molded products. Just building the facility would have temporarily employed a minimum of 50 people.
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 22 mins ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago