—The expiration of Bush-era tax cuts on income, investments, married couples and families with children and inheritances.
—A $55 billion, 9 percent cut to the Pentagon next year and another $55 billion in cuts to domestic programs, including a 2 percent cut to Medicare providers.
—The expiration of unemployment benefits for the long-term jobless and a sharp cut in reimbursements for doctors participating...
I'm not sure why Republicans won't give the Democrats exactly what they deserve. Currently, it is only the Makers with targets on their backs. When the economic contraction happens, the Takers will finally "feel our pain". I talked at-length with a very successful manufacturer yesterday. He produces products which go into other manufactured goods. All of it made in the USA and employing dozens of US citizens. He, and most of his customers are going to hold on to their money rather than expanding their businesses. Last summer he purchased the equivalent of a city block in which to build facility which produces plastic injection-molded products. Just building the facility would have temporarily employed a minimum of 50 people.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 17 hours ago