—The expiration of Bush-era tax cuts on income, investments, married couples and families with children and inheritances.
—A $55 billion, 9 percent cut to the Pentagon next year and another $55 billion in cuts to domestic programs, including a 2 percent cut to Medicare providers.
—The expiration of unemployment benefits for the long-term jobless and a sharp cut in reimbursements for doctors participating...
I'm not sure why Republicans won't give the Democrats exactly what they deserve. Currently, it is only the Makers with targets on their backs. When the economic contraction happens, the Takers will finally "feel our pain". I talked at-length with a very successful manufacturer yesterday. He produces products which go into other manufactured goods. All of it made in the USA and employing dozens of US citizens. He, and most of his customers are going to hold on to their money rather than expanding their businesses. Last summer he purchased the equivalent of a city block in which to build facility which produces plastic injection-molded products. Just building the facility would have temporarily employed a minimum of 50 people.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 5 hours ago