—The expiration of Bush-era tax cuts on income, investments, married couples and families with children and inheritances.
—A $55 billion, 9 percent cut to the Pentagon next year and another $55 billion in cuts to domestic programs, including a 2 percent cut to Medicare providers.
—The expiration of unemployment benefits for the long-term jobless and a sharp cut in reimbursements for doctors participating...
I'm not sure why Republicans won't give the Democrats exactly what they deserve. Currently, it is only the Makers with targets on their backs. When the economic contraction happens, the Takers will finally "feel our pain". I talked at-length with a very successful manufacturer yesterday. He produces products which go into other manufactured goods. All of it made in the USA and employing dozens of US citizens. He, and most of his customers are going to hold on to their money rather than expanding their businesses. Last summer he purchased the equivalent of a city block in which to build facility which produces plastic injection-molded products. Just building the facility would have temporarily employed a minimum of 50 people.
- Carson: “Likelihood is strong” that I’ll run for President in 2016 Ed Morrissey 41 mins ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm, Sen. James Inhofe, Salena Zito Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sisi: Egypt backs US strikes on ISIS, will participate in coalition, if … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Israel shoots down Syrian jet over Golan Heights Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Joe Biden 2012: Can you believe Mitt Romney wants to hit Syria? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Rally point: Should Obama start talking about combat forces now? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago